Hendre Dairy is a share farming collaboration involving landowner Robin Crossley and two neighbouring farmers, Iwan Roberts and Gwydion Jones. The operation now extends to 440 spring block calved cows on a 145ha grazing platform that is made up of routinely reseeding lower land pastures and improved upland areas.
What to see at Hendre Dairy:
- An innovative share farming arrangement that is allowing two neighbouring farms to expand their family businesses.
- Increasing the productivity of land through the care of the soil.
- Methods of improving grassland from overseeding uplands to full reseeds of pastures.
- The role of brassicas as a valuable forage source and as a break crop in reseeding.
- Rotational grazing management
- Using the Recommended Grass and Clover List to select the best performing leys.
The day will be structured to allow groups to hear presentations from expert speakers as part of a farm tour. Further details such as timings and directions will be available to those who register their interest in the event.
Where: Hendre Dairy, Llanfair Talhaiarn, Abergele, LL22 8RY
When: Tuesday 10th July 2018
To register your place: Contact Chloe Green at Germinal GB on 01522 868714 or email@example.com