Aber HSG Multi-Species Cutting contains vetch and annual white clover to boost dry matter production in the first year. It also contains a mixture of high sugar grasses, legumes and herbs. The mixture of plants within herbal leys drives dry matter production.
Multi-species grass seed
Areas of poor soil health also benefit from the plants’ different abilities to fix and lift nitrogen, with their water
uptake increasing performance in dry conditions. This mixture also produces a dense multi-species sward that resists poaching.
Aber HSG Multi-Species benefits
- Superior sward performance through complementary plant species
- Improved soil structure and fertility
- Increased drought tolerance
- Lower ammonia and methane excretion reduce environmental impact
- Reduced reliance on nitrogen fertilisers
- Higher nutrient levels drive improved animal performance
|3.00||AberGreen||Perennial ryegrass||30 May|
|3.00||AberZeus||Perennial ryegrass||27 May|
|3.00||AberClyde||Perennial ryegrass (T)||25 May|
|1.00||AberDairy||White clover blend|
Multi-species seed experts
You can ask a Germinal expert here if you want to know where to find Germinal’s Aber HSG Multi-species grass seed mixtures.
|Sowing rate||34 kg/ha (13.75 kg/acre)|
|Sowing time||March/April or August|
|Sowing depth||15 mm (1/2 inch) or broadcast|
|Sowing instructions||Drill into a fine tilth
Moist and warm soil conditions (minimum 5˚C)
Roll before and after drilling for good soil-to-seed contact