Livestock Grazer can boost growth rates and productivity to finish stock earlier.
Puna II Perennial Chicory Livestock Grazer
Puna II perennial chicory is the superior choice of chicory when seeking a broad-leaved forage crop as part of a mixed sward with grass and clover or grown alone in a pure stand.
This perennial variety, bred in New Zealand, gives greater persistency lasting two to five years, longer than the short-lived common chicory.
Puna II benefits
- Long persistency of 2-5 years
- Good compatibility with perennial ryegrass
- Capable of producing 10 tonnes dry matter/ha/year
- High-quality feed throughout the summer
- Valuable mineral content for optimal growth and development
- Suitable for finishing stock, calves and flushing ewes
- High digestibility to drive growth and productivity
- Rapid regrowth after grazing
- Tolerance to drought and disease
- Improved soil structure
|3.95||AberEve||Hybrid ryegrass (T)|
|0.40||Puna II||Perennial chicory|
|1.50||AberDairy||White clover blend|
Livestock Grazer benefits
- 3-4-year medium-term ley
- Ideal for lambs, flushing ewes, beef finishing youngstock (or calves)
- The grasses in this mixture offer improved grazing and ground cover in autumn
Perennial chicory seed mixtures
Please ask one of our experts if you want to learn more about our Puna II perennial chicory seed mixtures.
|Sowing rate||13.00 kg/ha (5.25 kg/acre)|
|Sowing time||March/April or August/mid-September|
|Sowing depth||Maximum 15 mm (1/2 inch) or broadcast|
|Sowing instructions||Drill into a fine tilth
Moist and warm soil conditions (minimum 5˚C)
Roll before and after drilling for good soil-to-seed contact