Milky-Max lucerne seed will typically produce four or five silage cuts per season and can persist for up to six years under effective management.
Lucerne forage crops
This Lucerne variety is semi-dormant with a 4.4 dormancy rating, making it a forage crop well-suited to the UK climate.
It is supplied pre-inoculated and treated with Seed Applied Solution for better establishment and to stimulate early development
Milky-Max Lucerne seed
- High-yielding semi-dormant variety
- An advancement in breeding, combining productivity with parasite resistance.
- Rapid wilting potential
- Pre-inoculated seed with a mineral and trace element coating
- Packed in 1 ha bags of 25 kg
- High yielding – 105% of the control on the Northern France national list.
- Outstanding nutritional quality due to thin stems and good leaf retention
- Good disease resistance
- Excellent establishment
Ask an expert about lucerne seed
|Sowing rate||25.00 kg/ha|
|Sowing time||Late April to mid-August|
|Sowing depth||5-10 mm|
|Sowing instructions||Drill into a fine tilth
Moist and warm soil conditions (minimum 12˚C)
Roll before and after drilling for good soil-to-seed contact