Join Germinal experts for a training course on Thursday 4th November 2021 at Germinal Horizon, Wiltshire.
Germinal is working to help farmers meet the growing challenges of sustainable and successful farming. With better understanding of forage management your team will be equipped to provide them with useful and relevant information.
The training will give a basic background on grass and forage species, pests, and diseases, before delivering more technical detail on the utilisation and benefits of improved grassland, including the digestion of grass and clover in the rumen.
- The importance of grass and clover
- Grass and clover breeding for increased production and reduced environmental impact
- High Sugar Grasses: their use and benefits
- Understanding soils and swards
- Benefits of improved grassland
- Reseeding or overseeding and the costs
- Utilisation of forage: grazing and silage management
- Using the recommended list
- Mixture formulation including multi-species swards
We will gather at Germinal Horizon Wiltshire, at 9:15 am for refreshments and the course will begin at 9:30 am. The address is: Vernon Farm, Bowerhill, Melksham, Wilts. SN12 6RE
We expect demand to be high and places are very limited. If you wish to attend or book staff onto the course, click the link at the bottom and forward your name & email address plus the details of anyone else you wish to attend to the pre-populated email address.
The course is free to attend, and BASIS points are available for participating.