Germinal is seeking an experienced Group Accountant to join us in our headquarters in the centre of Belfast.
You will work closely with the Group Financial Director to optimise the company’s financial performance and oversee our accounting function while managing and supporting a small team of accounts assistants and a trainee accountant.
- Facilitating all aspects of the accounting function
- Reviewing month end ledger closures
- Processing VAT returns, EC sales listings and Intrastat Declarations
- Planning and circulating budgets
- Preparation of management accounts (half year and year end)
- Supporting subsidiary companies across England, Ireland and New Zealand
- Maintaining and implementing financial systems and procedures
- Identifying and highlighting opportunities to improve efficiency
- Managing SAGE payroll runs and ensuring payments to HMRC
- Overseeing global group production planning data and global royalty declarations
- Overseeing completion of P11ds and payment of Employers Class 1A NICs
- Managing compliance with waste packaging legislation
- Qualified Accountant (e.g., ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- 5 years post qualification experience, preferably to include 2 years’ experience in the preparation of producing management accounts. Applications will also be considered from applicants from a practice background whose post-qualification experience has been gained in audit.
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of submitting VAT returns (both UK & ROI preferrable)
- Understanding of SAGE payroll processing
- Prior experience of MS Navision
- Experience of Business Intelligence (BI) Modelling Skills & requirements
- Highly competent in the use of MS Excel
- A high standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships across the organisation
- Excellent standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Must be available to travel regularly to subsidiary companies in ROI and GB
- Must be able to work flexibly to meet the demands of year-end deadlines
Germinal is a leading grass and forage seed specialist. We develop sustainable grassland varieties and supply a range of premium agricultural seed to the UK, Irish and New Zealand markets. We also service the professional amenity sector with high-performance seed, supplying exclusive UK-bred varieties to greenkeepers, turf growers, grounds staff, landscape contractors, architects, agronomists, and ecologists.
We have been included in the Belfast Telegraph Top 100 Companies list for the last two years and recognise that our staff are key to the company’s ongoing success, therefore we promote a collaborative and supportive working environment for all.
This role is office based with the option after a probationary period to work from home one day a week. We have recently moved to a newly renovated building in Belfast’s Linen Quarter and we are offering:
- A competitive salary
- Long service holidays and awards
- Flexibility on working hours around core hours
- Pension scheme including death in service benefit
- A bright modern office with collaborative spaces and employee social areas
- Secure internal bicycle parking and showers
- Smart casual dress code
Germinal is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.